xmas 2013

xmas 2013

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sleeping like a baby

I did end up going in B's room last night. He quieted down for a good long while and was doing his usual jabber. However, it was 10:30 and he didn't sound close to winding down. So, I went in and picked up all of his stuff (pacifier, lovies, blankets) and put them back in bed with him. He went right to sleep. I'm not sure if it was the right thing but I felt like I wasn't reinforcing the crying. And I didn't pick him up or talk to him. I just didn't want him awake all night.

That said, he went down without a single cry tonight and was asleep within 45 minutes which is fast for him especially considering he took a nap today. Today was a day free of therapy - I hope that's just a coincidence and not a correlation. We'll find out tomorrow.

B has been rocking the eye contact and his "sit" goal (learning to sit in a chair when asked) and he has had a lot of vocal approximations this weekend. He's a superstar - I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment