xmas 2013

xmas 2013

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

They can't all be good days

Today was a pretty good day for me. I had some time to catch up with a friend, some errands sans kiddos and fun observing my big boy in his "muscles" class when I picked him up.  B was in pretty good humor and jabbering up a storm. Wednesdays are big days for him schedule-wise. He has a session from 8-11:30, 12-2:45 and 3-6:30. It's the only day now that he has 3 sessions in a row.

It went a little sour later in the day though. For whatever reason, my big guy thought it would be fun to dump an entire bowl of (thankfully dry) cereal on the carpet and then refuse to clean it up. Discipline is not my favorite part of parenting but it's especially un-fun when there is an audience. It's probably good for both of us - I am keenly aware that I need to follow through with everything I say. But let's just say I'm really glad we didn't have this therapy when he was an irrational 2 and 3 year old. It's still not fun - but better than it would have been then.

B's 3rd session was basically disastrous. I have no idea what happened. He started out okay but spiraled downward and cried/sobbed/freaked out for the better part of 3 hours. His therapist wasn't really able to get anything accomplished and neither of us could determine what to do with him. He hasn't napped since last Friday and that probably played a part. Plus, he may not be used to the long days anymore. Hopefully it was an anomaly. But he was a wreck and now I'm pretty spent. I will never get used to watching him suffer. He's sleeping soundly now... hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. I just came back to send some love on the last post, and found this one. So sorry it wasnt a good day. Just wanted to send you a big ol cyber hug. I hope today was better for everyone. Love you

    ReplyDelete