xmas 2013

xmas 2013

Monday, January 3, 2011

Bring on 2011

So we're getting back into a routine around here. We had a mostly wonderful holiday vacation in Texas (I say mostly only because there was some sickness and therefore not 100%). I also had a bit of a hard time totally relaxing because it was in the back of my mind that we needed to keep B on track and prevent him from slipping and having too much trouble adjusting back.

And now we're back. So far it has been pretty good for the most part. We've been able to ease back in without a fully intense schedule these last few days. The little guy is a bit "off" as far as sleeping patterns and he has been a little clingier but he's doing far better than expected. I think he even missed it. We'll see how the week unfolds.

And now it's 2011. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a new year. 2010 wasn't all bad - we celebrated our 10 year anniversary with an awesome vacation, our big guy crossed over from the terrible 2s and horrible 3s into what so far has been the wonderful 4s and there were plenty of blessings. But it was a year filled with ugly things like autism and cancer and far too much stress. And I'm ready to move on to brighter pastures.

Right before we left for vacation, I had the opportunity to observe a little girl who is about a year and half into her therapy. It was inspirational. She was a darling, social and *almost* typical soon-to-be 4 year old. Her mom told me that she just started talking 6 months ago. And boy is she talking. I had a lovely visit playing with her and watching her therapy session.  I saw B in her. I saw what a LOT of hard work, some luck and the right kiddo can do. This is going to be a big year. I have to believe it can only get better from here. So long 2010...bring on the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment